It's not all positive with progression

     Any countries are all about development now. Especially for those who are categorized under developing countries (Google them if you're unsure), including Malaysia. With the high expectation given from the former prime minister, Tun Dr. Mahathir, wanting Malaysia to be fully developed before the year 2020, every possible changes are made here and there. And this is a scribble of how I think it's not all great with changes.

     Since my mum's sickness of thyroid cancer, I've been the errand runner in the house after my step dad. I basically helps her with cooking, shopping and driving. So the nearest market would be Giant, the store that has been there since I have not existed. Usually I would be by myself since it's tiring for mum to go up and down the stairs (living in an old apartment would be tiring when you live on the highest floor) and few days ago it was the same. When I was stepping out the car, I can see the elderly who has been working here for years. Might even be two decades because I've always remembered seeing him stacking up the used trolleys and pushing them around. He was waiting for the poorly functioning elevator, while I walked closer to the same elevator. I decided to let him get on first and wait for the next one.

     When I get to the second floor, I couldn't see him anywhere near my sight and continued with my groceries shopping. I then, remembered instantly that I would need a trolley. Seeing the new batch of trolleys prepared by the Giant was quite a relief, because to be honest, their trolleys' condition was near something that is worth to be sent to the scrap metal shop. Then again, after the second look, I was really frustrated as I can see it was equipped with the Smartloc system.



    Don't get me wrong, I do not mind putting a RM0.50 inside that silly looking hole (although it was quite troublesome since it only accepts the new ones, and I had to spend 5 mins looking for them before I get to use the freaking trolley). It's just that, with these, the pakcik would no longer be needed by the company since the customers would most likely stack the trolleys together just to get their Rm0.50 back. It frustrates me how much changes that keep on lessening the job opportunities for the people. Our own people. 

    With the arrival of the 'great parade' of international workers, the locals would have to struggle even more for any jobs. Imagine, some of our people are lying, sleeping on the streets, with only a pair of shorts and a shirt, while non-Malaysians stay in provided residence and able to buy electronic devices that they can only imagine while they were back in the native land. It is saddening that all the owners would rather pay lesser to strangers from any other countries than a few hundreds more to help the local citizens. These narrow-minded owners of any kind of organization, wouldn't mind if the customers would have trouble communicating with these international human labour, they are only interested on how they could cut on costs while all the big companies, rely on machines or for higher position, they would offer millions for international experts. If they'll say our graduates are not good enough, then why don't they change that first? Is this the way we're trying to help our own people? 

    With this I hope that I get to reach some youths out there, so that they will think for the future of our generations. Seriously, not giving a fuck is not swag (if that's your new word for cool, ain't mine). 

I stacked my trolley back to its place, leaving the RM0.50 behind, what about you?



Comments

Anonymous said…
Good view. 85% is the government fault. 15% is our own.
Ajim Jimkimjat said…
There are a lot of factors here. Saying this or that are just assumptions.

But what we can do is try to improvise and put more effort on what we are trying to achieve in our lives. At least this way, the foreign workers aren't much of competition.

Popular posts from this blog

Eyes Opened Wide, Heart Opened Wider, Mind Got Wiser

Dunia sekeliling

Bagi aku kayu, aku ketuk bola kau dulu