Of course, you are perfect

     
           May be a bad start for me to clean the dust gathered around my blog with this kind of title, but I'm a free writer. People can judge (I know they will) all they want but here's my bits of thought of recent situation: "High-achiever Malay student facing a culture shock".

           Since SPM is the biggest exam that became such an important issue that what ever comes out in that exam slip will decide how the younger generations' future will become, so whoever that went through the exam with flying colours became a legendary idol towards others. When moms and dads are busy comparing their kids to Amalina who managed to score 17A1 in her SPM, certain students feel so pressured that a 12 years old girl made a decision to hang herself out of the fear that she'd dissapoint her parents for not getting 7A's. Is this really the kind of thinking that we want to put in our future holders? Change your way of thinking dear Malays.

           You see, I'm not against Malays. Or simply betraying my country and my race. I still remember the land I grew up in, despite the little details of history kept in my mind. I'm just bad in history. I'm just a lil dissapointed with the way of thinking that they bring. Years back, Amalina's name was huge because of her achievement. People looked up to her and made her an idol of education. She was sent by the government to study in high-end universities by hoping she'll later will serve for her country. All attention were given to her without she's asking for it and now, the media ambushed her house when she was in UK while the family had to face with the problems.

            My point is just to leave her alone. Not that I'm with her decisions and support her all the way. I'm just highlighting a question on who are we to judge what she was and what she has become. Rather than blaming and pointing fingers to her from thousand miles away, why don't we start with the people beside us? Have you seen the students nowadays? Partying in clubs, drinking, making out and proudly published them publicly. Amalina is somebody's daughter. So as these young adults we see everyday in front of our eyes. And there's no media exposing all of these? No culture-shock-changing issues?

           People make mistakes. I bet you do too and I am not excluded. Why do we need to focus on peoples' mistakes and forget about ours? Of course, giving advice is something we should do. Just we need to correct our motive which is to help, not to embarrass. Mahatma Gandhi once said 'be the change you want to see in the world'. The first step we have to take is to judge ourselves before judging anyone. Let's start with the man in the mirror.




Memorizing the lyrics,

Comments

drskullz said…
Yay for first entry of 2012!! xD
uillyacjagger said…
MGM Resorts International launches in-person sports betting in
MGM Resorts 춘천 출장마사지 International 경산 출장안마 (MSI.V) today announced that it has 경기도 출장샵 entered into an 고양 출장마사지 agreement to acquire all MGM Resorts International assets from the 광양 출장마사지

Popular posts from this blog

Eyes Opened Wide, Heart Opened Wider, Mind Got Wiser

Dunia sekeliling

Bagi aku kayu, aku ketuk bola kau dulu