I'm looking for my drug.

            Since I've so much spare time during my short semester in Nilai, I'm trying to get back on track by blogging more often like I used to. Although I can't help to notice that my recent posts are more into my personal life where I've tried to avoid and successfully avoided them months back. So here, I'm gonna try to be more general so all of you silent readers could relate more to yourselves.

            We all know that our lives are not just about being great and having fun all the time. There are ups and downs moments for us to endure throughout the time we are here on Allah's Almighty world. There aren't always laughter and smiles that we put on our faces when we step out the door, there are tears that sometimes we can't even put a stop to it. There are no exact ways to make the pain go away. There aren't exactly a manual provided for us about how to handle our own feelings. Despite of that, throughout the misery and problems that we have withstand while we live our lives step by step, we always have something to help us to at least put a temporary brake on our obstacles. Or at least to wipe our tears for a while.

            It is like a drug. I mean, a drug is something that is supposed to help you to make you feel better even for a while. A perfect dosage to make your pain go away just for a lil while, at least enough for you to recharge yourself before you have to put up with another obstacle. That is how a drug supposed to function. And as a drug is, it is addictive. I mean, logically, when you feel good about something, you would think that that is ok to do it again, and again. This is where rationality's existence within yourself is crucial. To choose the best drug for you. To know whether too much of it would make you feel worst rather than making you feel good.

             As for me, I'm looking for my own drug that I needed for the last few months. I needed something to make me feel at ease since it has been rough. Tried different songs on the playlists. Tried different movies on the theaters. Also tried to sing out loud despite others being irritated on my not-so-good-but-it's-not-too-bad voice. It worked for that time being,  but I didn't feel satisfied. Over The Rainbow - Glee Cast came to my mind and I knew truth was said.  There's a silver lining in between every dark clouds. All the things happened that we know we can't control are all determined by Allah. 'Everything happened for a reason' - Ahmad Fahmie. There's one thing that we can do, is to pray to Him, ask Him for guidance, ask Him for serenity and have hope then just wait and see, what will your world turn out to be.





I've found my drug,

Comments

Raden Ain said…
zurie, your drug should be Allah Almighty :)

Hope you are doing fine :)
Elder Adams said…
So true! Having the Almighty as our means of happiness is the way to go.
inpiration said…
blog walking, nice to meet your blog

Popular posts from this blog

Eyes Opened Wide, Heart Opened Wider, Mind Got Wiser

Dunia sekeliling

Bagi aku kayu, aku ketuk bola kau dulu